Monday, March 8, 2010
Health: Diet & Fitness | 10 little food secrets
Posted by Nisha on 12:59 AM in Health | Comments : 0
You probably heard a lot of facts about food, but I bet these 10 little food secrets will come as a surprise!
1. Apples – An apple a day can help you lose weight! Apples are rich in pectin, which is a soluble fiber. The pectin reduces the release of sugars, which helps you feel fuller longer!
2. Corn – Rich in biotin, this little kernel stimulates the production of keratin a major component of hair strands, thus making you hair stronger and lustrous!
3. Watermelon – Energy and more energy from this wonderful fruit. Why? It has vitamin B6, which is a natural energizer.
4. Plums – Reduce the appearance of spider and varicose veins. Plums contain thrombin, which helps blood clotting.
5. Broccoli – Reduce your risk of breast cancer with this green goodie! Broccoli contains a natural chemical called indole-3-carbinol, which blasts out pre-cancerous cells!
6. Cinnamon – This tasty little seasoning reduces your blood sugar levels keeping them at an even keel.
7. Avocados – Besides being filled with “healthy fats” these green little gems have Omega-9’s (a healthy fat) that help fight cravings!
8. Chives – Lower your blood pressure by eating Chives. Chives have polysulfides that are known to relax your arteries thus allowing blood to flow smoothly.
9. Beef – Migraines are a goner with Beef! Beef is chock full of niacin which is proven to reduce pain from migraines.
10. Oregano – Spice up any Italian meal with this herb and reduce bacterial infections. It has a natural antibacterial compound called estragole, which helps ward of bacteria.